Monday, January 25, 2010

It would be easier...

Now don't get me wrong, I can voice my opinions as well as the next person... obviously from my angry previous venting.
If you are one of those people who think that I have it all together and that I must be a very confident self assured independent woman (hear me roar!)... then I have played my hand perfectly! That is just what I want you to believe!

The reality is, I am hopelessly flawed and I, more than anyone else, know this to be true. One of the many problems I have with myself is (now don't get on my case about self confidence being a turn on and what makes a woman more attractive, blah blah...everybody says that but who is really that self confident?) I feel a great need to be liked by anyone and everyone that I come into contact with. If a person
does not like me... my world is crushed! How can people not like me, I am good enough... I am smart enough... and gosh darnit, well you get the picture.


The Man always tells me that I shouldn't care what people think. He informs me that not everybody is going to like me... it's just people. I don't listen to him, I put my fingers in my ears and close my eyes (otherwise I would read his lips) and sing the "La, la, la...la, la, la... I can't hear youoooo..." song. There must be people out there who are loved by all, and I think I could be one of them! Why not? What's so wrong with wanting people to like you and agree with everything you say? I don't think there is anything wrong with that as long as it is my opinions they are agreeing with...


The Man thinks life would be easier without friends. He says that friends take time and effort and he doesn't have time. He says I shouldn't care what people think of me, he doesn't. He honestly doesn't let peoples opinions of him affect him. I don't know how to do that! I don't want to do that! Just because it's easier doesn't mean it's better! Isn't that part of the fun of life? Falling down along the way and having people there to help you back up. If you didn't have friends who would you laugh until you almost wet yourself with? Calm down, I said "almost". Who would be there to tell you that you are being ridiculous (other than your mother of course) when you get angry about something that someone has done or said?


If you would so choose to post a negative comment about something I write, that is fine, just realize that it will hit me hard, it will make me want to quit writing because I can't imagine that someone doesn't like me! I won't quit, I shall persevere, I'm not going to let it get me down even though I may want to crawl back into bed, under the covers and feel sorry for myself... but then I will eventually pull myself back out and maybe even sing a song like, "Ain't nothing gonna break my stride..." or "We are the champions my friend...". On a side note, how are those for earworms? ;)


Maybe The Man is right (yes, I said it) and it would be easier, maybe it would make for a lot less heartache, tears and worry. Whatever the consequences, I choose not to take that path, I am going to take the hard way and experience it all along the way!



p.s. I am trying something new with the blog, everyday I have ridiculous thoughts pop into my head that I think would be great for a blog idea... suddenly something else pops into my head and out pops the idea, so I am going to write my idea on my hand, or whatever else I have handy and take a picture of it and post it on here so you can see the way my mind processes and gets to certain points. It may not always be pretty but it should be interesting, thanks for reading!
~A

5 comments:

  1. "If you didn't have friends who would you laugh WITH until you almost wet yourself?? Just a little english lesson. Love You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you for the english lesson but the way I wrote it was completely fine also.
    "If you didn't have friends who would you "laugh until you almost wet yourself" with?? Thanks for the concern and I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the picture of your written idea thing that you're doing.

    On the subject of your grammar;

    First, a little constructive criticism: better defined paragraphs would make reading easier. Maybe put in a line between paragraphs, or indent paragraphs.

    Second, this is a comment that I read on facebook (not sure that I totally agree with all he says, but it's food for thought):

    Joe Hanson "Writing and language are a means of communication. As long as the message portrayed is the message received then everything has been 100% flawless and proper. As time passed language became more and more structure until it branch out of a purpose for communication and blossomed into an art form. Letters have become the paint for an all new canvas to express one's self. Professional writers are a new type of artists who show off their talent by harnessing their knowledge and love for structured offspring of human language. Eventually love turned in to hate. Those who have become obsessed with the art form have become nazis of the art form. These grammar nazis have destroyed a precious art form by reducing it to the ashes it was born from, a mere collection of rules and policies. What is worse is that they wish to force these policies on everyone who wish to use language for what is and was created for, a means of communication. Grammar nazis mean well and it is their love of grammar which fuels their misguided passions but by thinking that everyone should be grammar guru communication artist like the professional artists out there only robs such artists of the beauty that is found in their talent. It also ignores the fact that writing is in its purest form simply a means of communication."

    P.S. I like you, but I don't always agree with you. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it's a good thing that my blog was not about grammar or how to write the english language. Strong opinions gentlemen. I have had some trouble getting blogspot to cooperate along the lines of paragraph seperation. I type it with seperation but when it posts it comes out as you see it. It is noted and I will figure out how to make it more readable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regarding formatting... although it may conflict a bit with the easy-as-pie, anyone-can-do-it attitude of Google's blogger, it is helpful to learn a few little HTML tags. It doesn't take much HTML know-how to take control of your blog's format.

    Regarding grammar... hmmmm... Munjaros, I agree with some of the FB bit that you re-posted. But I'd argue that the very best word artists are those who have (like the best graphic or musical artists) already studied and mastered all of the rules and proved their expertise in creating according to the rules before they start messing around. I'm all for creative use (and even occasional abuse) of language for the sake of art, but a writer should always possess the ability to say EXACTLY what he/she means in the most perfectly correct manner when he/she needs (or desires) to do so.

    Oh... and Amber... I like you too... and I really miss trading witty insults with you in person!

    ReplyDelete