Saturday, March 28, 2009

Christmas!

How I adore Christmas and all that comes along with it. I know that so many people get tired of it, and all the hassles. Everybody says it is so commercialized, I don't care. I will buy into it all.
I put up a Christmas tree, and put lights and ornaments on it. I know that it has nothing to do with the birth of Christ to have a lighted tree in your house. I still love it! I buy presents for my kids and for anyone else that I can think of and get away with spending money on. I hang lights outside my house and every time that I drive up and see the lights shining and twinkling at night, I get a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach.
I could drive around all night just to look at other people's Christmas lights. Even the tacky ones that are a jumbled mess with no rhyme or reason to their colors or pattern. They make me feel happy.
It may be a hassle, and I know that their are people who have deep seated religious reasons to not celebrate, it doesn't faze me. It is worth it all to have my family come from far away to be with me, to have friends sending cards with updated pictures of them and theirs, to have reasons to bake and decorate cookies and excuses to eat foods that you only eat once or twice a year, to overindulge and to say to strangers "Merry Christmas" and have them say it back. I LOVE it!
I wish that everyone could feel the joy that I feel about the whole season. I know that not everyone does, but I think that I enjoy it enough to make up for all those that don't.

-Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment