Saturday, March 28, 2009

Road trip!

Are you at all interested to hear what I enjoy about road trips? Even if you are not interested I am still going to tell you, and I think that you will finish reading...
I love getting snacks, drinking soda, watching the scenery go by, looking at all the houses, eating candy, watching people in their cars and then pretending that I wasn't staring at them when they look at me, going through big cities, rocking out to the radio, sleeping kids, having my husband trapped for hours in the car with me so he has to talk to me and listen to me talk, laughing about ridiculous things, air conditioning when it's hot and heat when it's cold, wind flying through the open windows, seeing animals in the fields, restaurants along the way, tourist traps with gift shops, fast moving traffic, living out of a suitcase for the first few days, staying other places...
What I do not like about road trips...
Bathroom breaks, truck stop bathrooms, traffic jams, broken heat or holes in your car, gas prices, fast food, too much junk food, too much soda, crying kids, angry drivers, people who drive like me, fighting with the husband who is stuck in the car with you so you can't storm out to prove a point, angry silences, leg cramps, stuffy vehicles, strange noises from your vehicle, policemen, living out of a suitcase for the last few days, not having my own bed, speed limits, chicago at rush hour, people who stare at me, people who flip me off and curse silently behind closed windows... wait that's me.
I think every car should have a little screen on top of their tv and you can type in what you are thinking, for instance, "Driver of the small yellow car, would you please pay attention, the speed limit is 65 NOT 43, also could you stay in your own lane, I would like to avoid getting a dent that matches the one on your front end. Oh and by the way, GET OFF OF MY TAIL!!!!" I think I will look into inventing those, they'll be the next big thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment